Photo Gallery

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Exclusive Interview With Miss Busola Ojodu

Hey guys a few weeks back  I caught up with the beautiful Miss Busola Ojodu also known as The Fashion Quirk for an exclusive interview. Read below to find out how it went down. I enjoyed reading this myself she held nothing back so I'm sure you guys will too. Don't forget to share, subscribe and follow. Thanks Guys x

Tf Clique - When She Calls Me

So hi how are you this beautiful sunny day?

I'm fine thank you I'm trying too enjoy the sun but it's impossible because i'm usually on the go , loving the weather its an excuse too wear all my summer outfits and enjoy the good atmosphere and eat tonnes of ice cream. The weather puts a smile on my face i hope the sun stays this summer.

So can you briefly tell us about yourself?

My Name is Adebusola Ojodu but most people call me Busola , I'm 20 years old originally from Nigeria I've lived in Ireland for 17years now. Currently in college studying business in National College Of Ireland , i love travelling , blogging and eating i'm obsessed about fashion and i love buying shoes i think its an addiction rather than an obsession its unreal.

How did it all start the fabulousness? Cause you must have found interest in someone of something?

It didn't start anywhere,it just happened all of a sudden  I always a fan of looking at magazines I loved the different looks and styles celebs wore their clothes , as I started to work in retail I found out about trends and how quick they would change .To be honest I was never a girly girl or anything I was a tomboy for years until I was 17years old I wore a dress all dolled up wearing makeup for the first time so as I grew older my love for fashion had grown on me, i always enjoy dressing up when im going out too see friends or a night out with the girls . I always looked up to my mum when it came to fashion she always looked her best especially when she was going out I just loved her glamorous look , shes the one i would go to if i wasn't sure about an outfit or if i should change anything she's always honest with her opinions which is great

Do you see yourself as a role model for people interested in fashion 

Not exactly as a role model because it's not everyone that would agree with my outfit choice and how I wear it , because being a role model requires a lot ,people expect you to wear certain things just like everyone else but I love the fact that people find my fashion sense interesting.

What are your favourite shops to shop at?

Zara is my favourite store its impossible for me to go there and not buy anything, I also love Topshop , H&M , Warehouse, Miss Selfridge , Selected Femme , Asos, River Island sometimes I find stuff I like in random stores like Marks and Spencers or Monsoon but I shop everywhere from New Look to Pennys

What's your most favourite item in your wardrobe shoe or top or dress etc?

My Red leather jacket is my favourite item I own but I can't pick one my Michael Kors willies are one of my favs and also my Zara printed silk shirt I love it so much I have only worn it once I could go on and on

Well my favourite look of you of all time had to be the recent all white dress you wore with the gold belt you worked it and the skirt with the black long sleeved top at the long braided hair but the look I wanna talk about was your 20th birthday dress tell us a little bit about that? What inspired that look? (Gold sequence one)

Thanks so much those outfits are my favourites , my birthday is on Halloween day I wanted too look fancy but very funky, so I wanted a dress that was  very out there since its my birthday so its a good excuse too go all out. I wanted a sexy sequined dress with a long sleeve since its really cold in October , I wanted a very Diana Ross kind of look something very divasish but still classy and fun the Mac Duggal dress was just perfect I loved it the minute I had set my eyes on it.
What is in your bag right now?

                                                                                   What is in your bag right now?

Junk! My makeup bag , my diary which I can't live without im constantly writing something in it or something I want or need to do , i always have a magazine in my bag i'm always inspired by different looks so always find ways too make it mine and find ways to wear it
Have you ever had a wardrobe malfunction or an outfit that you thought was great till you saw it in the pictures and were like no no? If so what ,where and when?

Have you ever had a wardrobe malfunction or an outfit that you thought was great till you saw it in the pictures and were like no no? If so what ,where and when?

So many wardrobe malfunctions !! I was wearing a tight bodycon dress and i always wear a pair of spanx underneath so i didn't know the line of my spanx wear showing until one of my friends told me but thank god none noticed well maybe they did haha . I gained a lot of weight on my arms a year ago and i wore a sequined top i thought i looked cute until i took pictures and noticed how huge my arms were i wanted to cry i didn't even bother putting up pictures of the outfit. There's some i can't tell there just too embarrassing i'd love to share but i can't


In the fashionista world who do you look up to? (Could be designers or celebrities)

I don't necessarily look up to designers or celebrities because it's not all their outfits I may like, bloggers tend too catch my eyes these days but the designers and celebs I admire would be Kim Kardashian , Angela Simmons, Solange Knowles , Beyoncé , Kerry Washington,  Victoria Beckham she just carries herself with so much class its just effortless, Olivia Palmero im obsessed with her style , Kelly Rowland has her hits and misses still love her style, Rita Ora tends to go outside the box I love that, Zoe Saldana, Miranda Kerr, Alexa Chung , Jessica Alba, Jennifer Lopez, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Blake Lively and Cheryl Cole this might sound insane but Lady Gaga's new polished look seems interesting my list could go on for ages ....

We noticed you always look on point how does your partner cope with this if you are in a relationship? Or do they get to see a diff side to you the more in your sweats chilled look?

Thank You, Unfortunately I don't have a partner but nothing compares to wearing sweats with your hair tied up but at the same time I love too dress up I just can't help it , its hard too dress down well for me but on my lazy days im in my comfy clothes my moods change so my family and friends a different side too my style all the time


If you are in a relationship or if you do get into one do you feel  your partner has to be on point always or can they be casual as they want you wouldn't mind?

To be honest being with a guy who has a good dress sense would be a bonus but I wouldn't be pushy if he didn't wear certain things I would like him too , he should be his own person but if I was to go shopping with him i'll add a few tips here and there just too see if he likes it or wear it in his own style ! But doesn't mean i'd let him wear baggy trousers touching the floor but im sure he'd be trendy lol



For people out there especially young people out there trying to get into their comfort zone with fashion and express themselves what advise do you have for them? 

Just go for it , but dress sensibly you don't have too rob a bank too look good , work with what you have just because a certain celebs are wearing clothes that are revealing doesn't mean you have too ... don't follow trends you can but make it your own


Ok so what shops could they start off with on a low budget like how can they get the fashionista look on "cheaper scale". 

Ebay is great for some stuff depends on what your looking for , Pennys is good , Thrift stores are not bad haven't shopped in any but iv'e been told too try it out , H&M have good quality clothes at a good price which is very affordable , F21 tend too have low cost rail that you can pick discounted stuff which usually have nice things on it


Is there anything you'd like to say before we conclude? Shouts outs speeches (laughs)

Thank You for picking me too this interview it was really fun looking forward to doing more stuff with you , i'm open for anyone's questions or tips about style or what to wear with certain things i'm open too help everyone. I haven't blogged in months but I will definitely have new posts up soon so watch out for that


It has been my pleasure Haylen , Im glad you loved it,Thank You so much for the love and support
I'll Keep QUIRKIN !!

BLOG : fashion-quirk.blogspot.ie
Twitter : FahionQuirk
Instagram : Fashion_Quirk


Love
Helen B. Oyeleye x
twitter @Nookie_b
instagram @Beesviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photo's posted on this blog belong to me, unless otherwise stated.